"After the MCATD masters certificate is complete I have decided to pursue my Masters Degree in Educational Technologies! I absolutely LOVE what I have learned through this certificate thus far - enough to pursue it further. I have YOU and your colleagues to thank for that." Farah D. Shaikh, Compliance Coordinator, Ryerson University
The SEEC/MCATD Masters Certificate in Adult Training & Development program aims to enhance participants’ knowledge and skill in helping others learn, through a hands-on, experiential approach with the best possible balance of theory and practice.
- Five 3-day classroom teaching modules, where you will learn about and experience the essentials of adult learning theory and practice, including fundamental adult learning concepts and models, needs assessment, instructional design, presentation and facilitation. The MCATD program modules continue with the original materials and designs and are led by the original facilitators who have made this program so well respected since 1994.
- Choose 1 of 3 rigorous practicum options, where you will apply everything you have learned in a real world situation of your selection. Option 3 is done through our partnership with The Institute for Performance and Learning
- Upon successful completion of all 5 modules and your practicum you'll receive your SEEC/MCATD Masters Certificate in Adult Training & Development.
Here's how your participation in the SEEC/MCATD Masters Certificate in Adult Training & Development will benefit you:
- You will receive a professionally recognized certification from the Schulich Executive Education Centre with a reputation for superb quality in teaching, content, and responsiveness to our learners.
- You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from some of Canada's most skillful facilitators, with experience across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
- You will be able to collaborate with and draw on the expertise and experience of other program participants and learning professionals.